Special assignments Reporter
- Rolling Stone magazine reported on March 27 that unreleased music from Tupac will soon be released now that a new company has gained control over the rapper’s estate.
- Van Halen held their first televised performance with original singer David Lee Roth March 30 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Roth hit himself in the nose with a baton during the performance, splitting it open and requiring 14 stitches after the show.
- Avril Lavigne revealed to People magazine on April 1 that she’s secretly been battling lyme disease and was bedridden for months.
- Panic! at the Disco drummer Spenser Smith left the band on April 2, saying that he isn’t able to give his all to the band at the moment.
- Framing Hanley announced on April 6 that they’re breaking up. The band released a statement on their Facebook page saying they aren’t able to devote the amount of time and attention it takes to be in a band.
- Rapper Nelly was arrested on April 11 and is facing felony drug charges after Tennessee police pulled over a bus he was traveling in. Police say they found meth, handguns, marijuana and drug paraphernalia inside the bus. Nelly was released from jail on a $10,000 bond.
- All Time Low will be performing at 6 p.m. on May 6 at The Showbox Sodo. Advance tickets cost $29.50 and increase to $35 at the door. Doors open at 5 p.m.
- The Seattle Rock Orchestra will be performing two shows of The Beatles’ Let it Be and Abbey Road. The shows will be held May 9 at 8 p.m. and May 10 at 2 p.m. at The Moore Theatre. Tickets cost $22.50 for each show.
- At 7 p.m. on May 12, Cartel will be playing at El Corazon. Tickets are $15 in advance and $18 the day of the show. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Eve to Adam will be performing at 7:30 p.m. on May 14 at El Corazon. Advance tickets are $10 and increase to $12 the day of the show. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- At 9 p.m. on May 19, The Wombats will be playing at the Neptune Theatre. Tickets cost $16.
- Passion Pit will be performing at 8 p.m. on May 19-20 at The Showbox. Both shows cost $35 each and doors open at 7 p.m.
- Lindsey Stirling will be performing at 8 p.m. on May 22 at the INB Performing Arts Center in Spokane. Tickets are $27.50. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- At 9 p.m. on May 29, Apocalyptica will be playing at The Showbox Sodo. Advance tickets cost $20 and increase to $25 the day of the show. Doors open at 8:30 p.m.
Upcoming album releases
- Mumford and Sons: Wilder Mind
- My Morning Jacket: The Waterfall
- Best Coast: California Nights
- Snoop Dogg: Bush
- Veil Of Maya: Matriarch
- Faith No More: Sol Invictus
- The Story So Far: The Story So Far
- Twenty One Pilots: Blurryface
- Whitesnake: The Purple Album
- Antiflag: American Spring
The Puyallup Post is the award-winning news media of Pierce College Puyallup in Puyallup, Washington. Copyright The Puyallup Post 2018. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube @thepuyalluppost
Latest posts by Amber Gilliland (see all)
- Pierce College Puyallup gets its own Snapchat filter - June 14, 2016
- Student emails change to Microsoft Outlook this fall - June 14, 2016
- 2016 Grad: Tina Goelz - June 14, 2016