Looking for something a little healthier but tasty for the Thanksgiving holiday? Try this delicious baked green bean recipe!
Baked Green Beans
What you will need:
(Recipe makes one large serving)
-Fresh Green beans
-Chopped up garlic
-Preheat oven for 350
-Wash raw green beans thoroughly under cool water.
-Snip off tails on beans
-Place green beans in a bowl and mix with 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil and garlic (name) or however much fits your amount of green beans.
– Transfer beans and oil mix to a pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Note: Do not cook them in the oven too long or they will wilt.
Try placing a bit of a festive twist on a traditional, delicious recipe.
4 C. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
3 C. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
2 C. margarine
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 C. milk
1 C. cranberries
1/2 C. walnuts
Mix first five ingredients then cut in the margarine (butter can be used). Reserve 2 C. of the mixture for the topping.
Add eggs, milk, cranberries and walnuts – mix well.
Spread into a greased approx. 13×9 casserole dish.
Sprinkle or drop on the reserved topping.
Bake at 400′ degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.
Wondering what might become of the massive amounts of leftover turkey in the refrigerator? Try this simple and delicious Turkey sauce that can be served over pasta, rice, or potatoes!
What you will need:
(Recipe makes two servings)
2 T of butter
2 T of white flour
10-15 T of milk
– Mash together the butter and flour in a frying pan at medium heat on the stove until it forms dough like consistency.
– Begin whisking in milk 1-2 T at a time until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
– Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Add turkey leftovers until completely mixed in.
– Serve over noodles, rice, or potatoes!
The Puyallup Post is the award-winning student news of Pierce College Puyallup in Puyallup, Washington. Copyright The Puyallup Post 2017. Twitter/Instagram @puyalluppost
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Students have a right to their own languages - May 9, 2018
- Got pot? - April 25, 2018
- Fightin’ Words: Should the legal smoking age be raised to 21? - June 14, 2016